Saturday, July 11, 2009

Old Blog, New Tricks

SO - same blog name, same blog-owner, but different concept, mostly because I don't really do the raw food thing anymore. I felt like I had to change the background from happy green to somber black because happy green fits raw foods but not really world issues/hard questions etc. . .

I'm going to import my older blogs, at least the ones I saved, and post them so I don't have to explain any further. . .

Since it's been about a year from the last time I posted, I'll do a catch up. Things have changed.

After entering law school in the fall of 08, I quickly decided that I don't want to be a lawyer. Not that I didn't know this before, but now at least no one could fault me for not "making sure," as my parents suggested I do. Without any other concrete plans, it looks like law school is still what I'll be doing this coming fall. Herein lies the problem. If I finish two years of it, there's only one more till I get my degree. How could I not finish that last, measly year? Not being a quitter, I don't really think there's another option.

If only I could win the lottery.


First, I'd build a house somewhere in the woods. When I say woods, I don't mean creepy woods, like where white supremacists live, but the kind of woods that are both close enough to and far away enough from a relatively active urban atmosphere. That way, I could satisfy my NYC-loving side AND my Native American spirit side.

After the house, I'd buy myself a couple cars. Most likely, I'd get my "eleanor," a late 80's black Porsche Carerra coup with red leather interior. Eh, I'd settle for a black interior too, I guess. I'd probably also get some fancy new car. NEVER a lamborghini or anything that cheesy, but maybe one of those new Audi R8's or a Ferrari 575M.

And finally, as I realize that I'd be totally unfulfilled living a useless life, I'd offshoot my dad's nonprofit with a new branch dealing with things I'm more interested in. Then, I'd set up my primate/large cat sanctuary where I'd take in laboratory-discarded primates and large cats from "oops, bad idea" pet attemps.

Heaven.

Okay, so anyway, back to the present. I'm trapped in law school, looking for a way out. I'm way healthier and more peaceful than I was at Princeton or the year following Princeton. Happier? Not really. Happiness is such an abstract concept. For instance, my years at Princeton were probably some of the most difficult years of my life thus far. Yet, because of different factors, I was actually much happier then than I am now. Now, I'm void of inner turbulence, but I'm also completely, utterly, devastatingly BORED. I'm not really looking forward to anything specific in my near future. Not that I want to seem like debbie-downer here, because I'm really not, but I'm looking to make a change as soon as I figure out a few possibilities.

Enough for now. I'll be back after I shower and import my other posts and all that. Then I'll talk about something other than myself (for the most part).

No comments:

Post a Comment